Book an appointment
All SHP surgeries offer pre-bookable and same day face to face consultations with a health care professional. Telephone appointments with a clinician are also available.
Home visit requests are taken at all sites for housebound patients only, a clinician may contact the patient prior to visit to determine the nature of the illness.
A doctor is assigned daily for any urgent care issues, the designated doctor will make an assessment and decide the appropriate course of action.
We offer a full range of appointments with other clinical staff who may be best suited to deal with your problem.
If you require an interpreter please make the reception team aware of your requirements at the time of making the booking.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment please contact the surgery immediately so that your appointment can be re-allocated.
You can book an appointment online or through our receptionists.
Our busiest times on the telephone are between 8am and 9am Monday to Friday so your call is likely to be answered more quickly if you are able to call after 9am.
When requesting an appointment the receptionist may guide you in choosing the most appropriate health care professional for your needs at the time. To assist with this they may ask you for information about why you are requesting an appointment.
If you have an ongoing medical issue it is helpful to make an appointment with the same GP who can then provide you with continuity of care.
Clinical assessment is undertaken by our trained nursing team at times of peak demand to ensure that all patients requesting a same day appointment are cared for appropriately and safely.
We provide urgent/same day appointments for patients however we are not an emergency service. If you have chest pain or sudden onset of shortness of breath please contact the emergency services on 999.
Patients can apply to the surgery to be registered for our online appointments service If you have already registered, please log onto https://app.patientaccess.com/login
Text reminders of appointments will be sent to patients whose mobile numbers we have recorded and that have been verified. Click here to sign up.
Please note that you can now cancel appointments by contacting the surgery via telephone or via email. Please give us as much notice as possible so the appointment can be offered to another patient.
Blossomfield Surgery - 0121 705 1105 or email Bernays.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dickens Heath Medical Centre - 0121 744 9393
Grove Surgery - 0121 705 1105 or email Bernays.email@example.com
Haslucks Green Medical Centre - 0121 744 6663
Monkspath Surgery - 0121 711 1414
Shirley Medical Centre - 0121 744 1029 or email Bernays.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jacey Practice - 0121 745 9333
- If you are unable to keep your appointment please notify the surgery as soon as possible, either by using the online cancellation form (at least 24 hours in advance), or by telephoning reception.
- One appointment is for one person. If you want another member of your family to see the doctor or nurse, please book a further appointment.
- When arriving at the surgery for your appointment, always inform reception
- Sometimes people can forget to tell the doctor all the important information about their problem. It may help to write their symptoms down.
- If you don’t understand what the doctor or nurse says to you, please don’t be afraid to ask for a further explanation.
- It can sometimes help to have a partner or friend with you.
- If you are seeing the doctor to discuss the result of an investigation or a recent hospital treatment, check with reception first that any important results or letters have been received.
- Appointments may not be required to have insurance forms completed or renewal of sickness certificates. Please ask at reception
If you would like a chaperone please speak to the Doctor.