Book an appointment
In line with NHS England guidance, Solihull Healthcare Partnership now offer a triage first appointment model.
The safest and most efficient way to operate during the coronavirus pandemic is for SHP to triage all appointment requests to limit footfall onto our sites.
Each triage case is assessed by a member of our clinical team and appropriate action is taken, whether it be a telephone call, a video call or a face to face appointment.
Please telephone the surgery on your usual number.
Please be patient whilst our trained care navigation team answer your call.
Please be aware the care navigation team will ask you for the nature of your call and details of your medical issue. This is to enable our healthcare professionals in prioritising urgent cases.
Once assessed, you may be booked in for a telephone or video or face to face appointment.
Due to the Coronavirus SARS-2 pandemic - routine appointment booking through our Patient Access app has been suspended in line with NHS England guidance.
Text reminders of appointments will be sent to patients who are booked in for a face to face appointment following being triaged.
Please note that you can now cancel appointments by contacting the surgery via telephone or via email. Please give us as much notice as possible.
- Please ensure you keep your phone on loud and near to your body if possible if expecting a phone call from SHP.
- One appointment or telephone call is for one person. If you want another member of your family to see the doctor or nurse, please book a further appointment or telephone call
- If booked in for a face to face appointment, please ensure you wear a face covering. We advise patients to attend their appointments alone where possible. If you do require someone to attend with you, please let us know at the time of booking your appointment.
- Sometimes people can forget to tell the doctor all the important information about their problem. It may help to write their symptoms down.
- If you don’t understand what the doctor or nurse says to you, please don’t be afraid to ask for a further explanation.
- If you are contacting the doctor to discuss the result of an investigation or a recent hospital treatment, check with reception first that any important results or letters have been received.
- Appointments may not be required to have insurance forms completed or renewal of sickness certificates
- If you would like a chaperone please speak to the Doctor.