In line with NHS England guidance, Solihull Healthcare Partnership now offer a triage first appointment model.
Each triage case is assessed by a member of our clinical team and appropriate action is taken, whether it be a telephone call, a video call or a face-to-face appointment.
Face-to-face appointments will continue to be available to all patients where there is a clinical need and if a patient requests a face-to-face consultation they may be offered one, if appropriate, following Care Navigation.
You can call us on 0121 705 1105. Our telephone lines are open from 8am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Please be patient whilst our trained Care Navigation team answer your call.
You will be asked to first discuss your condition/s over the phone with a Care Navigator or member of the healthcare team to assess the most appropriate way to provide your care, which may include a face-to-face consultation, and ensure it is provided by the most appropriate person.
Once assessed, you may be booked in for a telephone or video or face to face appointment.
You can also access us face-to-face by visiting one of our surgery sites to ask in person about booking an appointment.
Our sites are open from 8:30am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
All our surgery sites are closed on Wednesdays from 12:30pm to 1:30pm, as part of our ongoing staff training and development, which is a priority to ensure we continue to improve service delivery and patient care.
Face-to-face appointments continue to be available to all patients where there is a clinical need.
Did you know…?
SHP participate in an approach to improve access for patients to GP appointments. The aim is to direct patients to the most appropriate healthcare professional, which may be a GP or a pharmacist.
If your symptoms could be resolved by a booked consultation with your local pharmacist instead of the GP, you will be given a same-day referral to a local community pharmacy.
SHP takes part in the Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS), which includes Astwerwell Pharmacy in Shirley and is expanding to more community pharmacies local to our surgery sites.
We think this is a good thing. Once you see how great your local pharmacist is – they are highly trained and skilled clinicians experienced in treating minor illnesses – we don’t think you’ll look back.
This will also help us to free up GP appointments for people with more complex health needs and ensure that everyone gets treated at the right time, by the right healthcare professional.
We are keen to hear what you think and will be listening to your comments and feedback about your experience of using this service.
You can give comments and feedback - Click Here
You are now able to request an appointment online via our online consultation platform - eConsult.
Text reminders of appointments will be sent to patients who are booked in for a face to face appointment following being triaged.
Please note that you can now cancel appointments by contacting the surgery via telephone on 0121 705 1105 or via email. Please give us as much notice as possible.
- Please ensure you keep your phone on loud and near to your body if possible if expecting a phone call from SHP.
- One appointment or telephone call is for one person. If you want another member of your family to see the doctor or nurse, please book a further appointment or telephone call
- If booked in for a face to face appointment, please ensure you wear a face covering. We advise patients to attend their appointments alone where possible. If you do require someone to attend with you, please let us know at the time of booking your appointment.
- Sometimes people can forget to tell the doctor all the important information about their problem. It may help to write their symptoms down.
- If you don’t understand what the doctor or nurse says to you, please don’t be afraid to ask for a further explanation.
- If you are contacting the doctor to discuss the result of an investigation or a recent hospital treatment, check with reception first that any important results or letters have been received.
- Appointments may not be required to have insurance forms completed or renewal of sickness certificates
- If you would like a chaperone please speak to the Doctor.