SOLIHULL HEALTHCARE PARTNERSHIP
Location: Monkspath Surgery
CLOSES: (Friday) March 20, 2020
Are you caring, compassionate and have a commitment to helping people? Then you will fit in as a Phlebotomist at Solihull Healthcare Partnership.
Solihull Healthcare Partnership is a super partnership which provides NHS GP services to over 54,000 patients through one individual GP practice operating from seven surgeries across Solihull / Shirley.
SHP’s vision is to provide local care to patients, forging a strong relationship between our multidisciplinary team within our healthcare centres and patients whilst at the same time being part of a larger organisation and benefitting from wider resources, of a larger organisation. We have a small centralised management team that support our GP practices and provide services such as HR, IT, finance, governance and communications. which means our GP practice teams can concentrate their energies on providing excellent care to our patients.
Working in accordance with specific practice guidelines and protocols, the post-holder will be responsible for performing venepuncture to obtain blood samples from patients only as the result of a direct referral from a GP or nurse practitioner.
Ensuring that the patient is as comfortable and relaxed as possible and confirming their agreement to the collection of a blood sample
- Collection of sample(s) of blood in accordance with training and procedures
- Ensuring samples are stored in appropriate containers
- Accurate, legible labelling of all samples to confirm patient identity
- Checking patient identification against GP/nurse request
- Recording collection of blood sample in patient record in accordance with practice procedure
- Ensuring that samples are dispatched to the appropriate laboratories in a timely fashion
- Ensuring that anomalies are reported to a senior member of staff
- Notifying the GP/nurse of any significant patient issues
- Liaising with and assisting members of the administrative team
- Assisting the Clinical team
- Processing and management of laboratory samples requested by GPs/Nurses
- Sterilising, cleansing and maintenance of surgical equipment
- Undertaking administrative tasks as required by the practice.
- Helping to raise awareness of health and well-being and how it can be promoted
- Assisting with the collection and collation of data on needs and well-being