SOLIHULL HEALTHCARE PARTNERSHIP
Salary: £18.00 -£19.50 per hour
Contract: Full-Time or Part-Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated, enthusiastic individual. The successful candidate must be confident to work independently and also part of the wider multidisciplinary team, be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage a demanding and ever changing workload.
Solihull Healthcare Partnership is a super partnership which provides NHS GP services to over 54,000 patients through one individual GP practice operating from seven surgeries across Solihull / Shirley.
SHP’s vision is to provide local care to patients, forging a strong relationship between our multidisciplinary team within our healthcare centres and patients whilst at the same time being part of a larger organisation and benefitting from wider resources, of a larger organisation. We have a small centralised management team that support our GP practices and provide services such as HR, IT, finance, governance and communications. which means our GP practice teams can concentrate their energies on providing excellent care to our patients.
This post will be accountable for the smooth and effective running of the organisation, ensuring that all aspects of business are operating efficiently.
You will be accountable for assessing, monitoring and ensuring health and safety, infection control and other governance and compliance policies and procedures are adhered to at site, and that all information is collected, stored and analysed in a timely fashion. Ensuring that all environments within the site including patient waiting areas, clinical rooms and non-patient facing areas are well maintained and organised effectively.
You will oversee and be accountable for any complaints or concerns raised by patients, staff or the public in relation to all sites, addressing or escalating them as appropriate via the support team, by delivering a safe and effective service.
- Responsible for Governance Programme and action plan, that is in line with the company strategy; meeting company standards
- Hold responsibility for the management of the Clinical Governance system
- Create and maintain a policy register; ensuring to review and update regularly
- Ensure all information processed for patients and staff is kept confidential, accurate and in line with GDPR and Caldicott policy
- Investigate and analyse incident
- Assist in communicating shared learning of all adverse incidents and events
- Produce reports, findings and action plans of audits and inspection
- Experience with EMIS
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Management
- Knowledge of CQC and requirements in General Practice
- Knowledge of Infection Control