SOLIHULL HEALTHCARE PARTNERSHIP
Salary: SHP Band 7A to 7B
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Would you like to part of a successful, innovative and multi-disciplinary team, at the most respected Primary Care provider in the Birmingham and Solihull region? If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Solihull Healthcare Partnership is a super partnership providing NHS GP services to over 54,000 patients through one individual GP practice operating from seven surgeries across Solihull / Shirley.
Our vision is to forge a strong relationship between our multidisciplinary team within our healthcare centres and the wider community. With a small centralised management team that support our GP practices and provide HR, IT, finance, governance, operations and communications services; our GP practice teams can concentrate their energies on providing excellent/outstanding care to our patients. Find out more about us, here.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
The post holder will work within their clinical competencies as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide expertise in clinical medicines management, provide face to face structured medication reviews, manage long term conditions, management of medicines on transfer of care and systems for safer prescribing, manage repeat prescription authorisations and reauthorisation, acute prescription request while addressing both the public health and social care needs of patients in the GP practice.
The post holder will perform face to face medication review of patients with polypharmacy especially for older people, people in residential care homes and those with multiple co-morbidities. The post holder will provide leadership on quality improvement and clinical audit and well as managing some aspects of the Quality and Outcomes Framework.
This role is pivotal to improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies so requires motivation and passion to deliver an excellent service. The post holder will be supported to develop their role to become a non-medical prescriber if that qualification is not already held.
- Improve patient’s health outcomes and efficiency of the practice team by providing direct, accessible and timely medicines expertise, including identifying areas for improvement and initiating change.
- The primary contact within the practice for queries relating to medicines management, in particular around individual patient care.
- Focus on individual patient care by addressing immediate and future needs to personalise care planning.
- Proactively to transfer, from other clinical staff, workload relating to medicines optimisation to improve patient care and safety.
- To demonstrate the effectiveness of the practice and the role through audit and data analysis.
- To follow-up patients and investigations, particularly blood tests.
Essential Criteria: must be an independent non-medical prescriber
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Solihull Healthcare Partnership; we look forward to hearing from you soon!